01-06-2017

With summer around the corner, the opportunities are plentiful to get active for local causes around the Netherlands. Which, if you ask us, is not only the perfect opportunity to give back to the communities that are so endearing to us, but also get our summer bodies ready for the months to come.

In June, we will be participating in two charity runs with our team. On June 9th, we’ll be participating in the SAP Run Like Never Before in Den Bosch, and on June 11th we will Run For KiKa in Utrecht. With just one full day between the runs, we’re keeping our spirits high to make sure we get through the weekend in top shape.What is the SAP Run Like Never Before?

SAP organizes the Run Like Never Before annually. This year all proceeds go to the Richard Krajicek Foundation, which is a non-profit that creates safe places for children to play in priority neighborhoods.

Due to the guidance and the safe environment offered at the Krajicek Playgrounds, children are given the chance to develop in a positive manner, creating inspiration for other kids in the area to do the same.

The funds raised in this run will go directly to the scholarship program. The Krajicek Foundation offers various scholarships for the kids who are active in these playgrounds. In exchange for 100 volunteer hours at the Playground in their area, the foundation pays for their study costs, offering the chance for members to give back, and motivation to keep the positive cycle of self-development going.

What is KiKa?

KiKa (Stichting Kinderen Kankervrij), or Cancer-free Children Foundation, is a non-profit organization that aims to decrease the treatment failure rate from 25% to 5%. With a general lack of funding for childhood cancer research, KiKa focuses solely on raising money to create treatments for kids that are more effective, less aggressive, and have few post-treatment side-effects.

“75% chance that Ellen will be able to celebrate her next birthday. 25% chance she won’t. Your support is badly needed.”

With the money raised through their efforts, children with cancer will have a higher likelihood of beating cancer and have a better quality of life before, during, and after treatment.

What can you do to help?

Did either (or both) of these causes spark your interest or tug at your heartstrings?

Our team is currently looking for sponsors for Run for KiKa. If you would like to help us accomplish this intense weekend, please feel free donate by sponsoring our team as a whole or your team member of choice below. Would you rather lace up your running shoes and join? Subscribe here.

Donate Now

Or are you particularly interested in getting involved with the SAP Run Like Never Before? You can subscribe your team here.